[Chimera-users] Selecting Protein portions

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Sun Nov 20 12:03:03 PST 2005

Dear Reiner,
Chimera does not do any automated docking.   Instead, it provides a
tool (ViewDock) for viewing your results from the separate program
DOCK.  For information about DOCK, see

The DOCK people also have mailing lists for questions and discussion
about their program, see

More generally, different docking programs handle the problem
differently, so it will depend on what you decide to use.
I hope this helps,
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.                          meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
UCSF Computer Graphics Lab and Babbitt Lab
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco