[Chimera-users] Saving a moved PDB only moved in a new session
Marta Perez Illana
marta.perez at cnb.csic.es
Thu Oct 25 02:37:07 PDT 2018
I am working with chimera, and I have a map and a pdb.
1) I have split the pdb into several fragments in order to fit them into
2) I have successfully moved the PDBs and fitted them into the map
3) I have "write each PDB" "relative to the map, which seems to make
4) In the current session I keep the map and the moved PDB open ...plus
I open the just saved "wrote PDB" (intended to be on the same position I
To me both, the opened PDB (which I have moved) and the just saved PDB,
might be in the same position, fitting into the map... But... the just
save-written PDB is clearly somewhere else... :(
5) But... If I make a NEW session, opening the map and the "wrote PDB",
everything make sense, and the PDB is where I in fact moved to keep it
Why is that that in the current session the written-PDB is not where it
was "moved"; but when a new session is opened it is displayed where it
It seems that everything works fine, it is just a bit confusing to me.
Thanks in advanced!
More information about the Chimera-users