Changes from the previous release:
- Bonds can be rotated following activation by doubleclick selection, commands (rotation or brotation), or the Adjust Torsions interface (see the following item)
- New Structure Measurements extension, with Distances and Adjust Torsions sections also available from the Controllers menu
- New Ribbon Style Editor extension
- Significant changes in the Volume Viewer extension: interface reorganization, more flexible and powerful definitions of thresholds, some speed optimization
- The detection thresholds can be reset to the display thresholds in the Volume Path Tracer slice graph section.
- Improved DOCK4 file handling by the ViewDock extension
- Changes in default Preferences: Now Show atomspec balloon is on and autorotation (Continue rotation...) is off.
- In the User's Guide, individual command manual pages have been linked to the atom specification page as appropriate.
- In the User's Guide, a new manual page details differences in atom specification in Chimera relative to Midas.
- On Windows, a chimera directory instead of .chimera is used for preferences.
- On Windows, handling of non-existent directories has been improved.
- Fixed bug with Windows 98 startup.
- Fixed bug with reentering stereo.
- Chimera Linux installations using GeForce2-based graphics cards with the latest NVidia drivers (2802) have severe problems displaying molecules. We are working on a fix. The only workaround currently is to back up to an earlier version of the drivers.
- Not all Open/Save dialogs have been converted to the new style.
- Problems with the Page Setup, Window Setup, and Print Panel remain.
- StructMeasure won't start from the Extension manager. Start it from the Controllers menu instead (the Distances or Adjust Torsions menu entries).