[Chimera-users] Multiple transparent objects
dasarnow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:02:11 PST 2016
I'm having some trouble with a movie of a morph between structures of the
same protein bound to two different ligands. The basic idea is a closeup of
the binding pocket, and as the morph progresses the initial ligand becomes
transparent while the second one becomes opaque. The result is a similar
effect to crossfade, only the morph animation is playing simultaneously.
I've tried both the screen capture and ray tracing methods, with the
- When a ligand is almost entirely transparent, a white silhouette is
shown at the highest z-order, blocking what's behind.
- There is a "pop up" effect when the ligands suddenly switch z-order at
the beginning and end of my animation.
- Single-layer and flat transparency options don't help.
- Multiple transparency is fine.
- Reflections and shadows are not made transparent.
- E.g. when one ligand is 100% transparent, the reflections and
shadows are still visible as white lines and dark spots.
Maybe someone here has some insights on my transparency problems?
A way to use crossfade instead would be even better.
I can record movies with the two ligands separately and then crossfade them
manually with ffmpeg. However, it would be nice to have this working
entirely in chimera, especially for some more complicated animations I have
in the works.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chimera-users