[Chimera-users] Creating and saving Multiscale Models using Python functions
jdavid at cs.unm.edu
Wed Aug 24 14:45:19 PDT 2016
I would like to use Python to perform operations equivalent to the
following GUI operations; I'd like to be able to do this as a batch
script (e.g., I don't want the Chimera GUI to appear because I don't
want to have to close it.):
1) Open a PDB file (I know how to do this part).
2) Tools > Higher-Order Structure > Multiscale Models (this opens the
MultiScale Models popup window).
3) Click on the "Make models" button.
4) File > Export Scene... (this opens the Export Scene popup window)
5) In the Export Scene popup window, select File type to be "OBJ
[.obj]", enter file name "test.obj"
6) Click on the "Save" button.
I have used Python to open a PDB file, and translate, and rotate it
around before. But I don't know where to begin with selecting
Multiscale Models' parameters. Any tips? Any help would be much
More information about the Chimera-users