[Chimera-users] Coloring range for residues

Ibrahim Moustafa I.moustafa at psu.edu
Mon Nov 9 11:14:26 PST 2009

Dear Chimera team,

  I wonder if there is a way to color a certain range of residues using
I tried to use the rainbow command with atom_spec but it applied for the
whole chain.

 What I want to do is to color part of the structure as a rainbow (from
blue-white-red) with an increasing order of residues number.
I just wanted to highlight a region of conformational change so the eye can
follow which part of the structure has changed dramatically.

  Thanks in advance for your help.

Ibrahim M. Moustafa, Ph.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Dept.
201 Althouse Lab., University Park,
Pennsylvania State University
PA 16802

Tel. (814) 863-8703