[Chimera-users] Import error with chimera-1.2509-osx_x11.dmg, May 01, 2008

Bruce D. Ray brucedray at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 08:50:53 PDT 2008

I have a Mac G4 PPC running OS X 10.3.9 on which
previous versions of chimera have run without
I installed chimera-1.2509 of May 01, 2008 after
removing the chimera-1.2492 of Feb 11, 2008 I had been
using.  However, when I attempted to run
it did not start and the following error messages were
written to the console.log file accessible by
console.app rather than to the X-terminal:

     Traceback (most recent call last):

  line 65, in <module>

         value = chimeraInit.init(sys.argv)

line 279, in init

         import chimera

line 15, in <module>

         from _chimera import *

     ImportError: dynamic module does not define init
function (init_chimera)

This appears to be specific to the Mac OS X version
as the Windows version of chimera-1.2509 works.
Obviously, I removed chimera-1.2509 from the Mac and
reinstalled chimera-1.2492 of Feb 11, 2008 which does
work on this Mac.

Bruce D. Ray, Ph.D.
Associate Scientist, and Operations Director
NMR Center
Physics Dept.
402 N. Blackford St.
Indianapolis, IN  46202-3273