Chimera Commands Index
leap ( start | stop | position | chopsticks | velocity )
The leap command controls the mode of interaction between Chimera and
a Leap Motion
Controller, which uses two cameras to track finger and hand movements.
Set Pivot and
Focus in the
The leap keywords can be truncated to unique strings:
- initiate using the device with Chimera
(in position mode)
- stop using the device with Chimera
- use position mode, in which the Chimera contents move as the user's hand moves
(rotations are multiplied by a factor of 3); see video
- use chopstick mode, in which the Chimera contents move as if grasped
between the user's extended index fingers (with rotations multiplied by
a factor of 3) and zoom according to the separation between the fingers;
thumbs and other fingers should be curled in
- use velocity mode, in which the Chimera contents move based
on the user's hand position and orientation relative to a
neutral middle position and orientation
Noise. Diverse types of noise and jitter interfere with motion control.
Lack of sensitivity settings. Currently, the sensitivity of
the device (the relative scale of finger/hand motion and model motion
in Chimera) cannot be controlled via the leap command.
Velocity mode not very intuitive.
The velocity mode may be difficult to use effectively.