Chimera Commands Index
preset apply type number
preset list [ type ]
Preset with the keyword apply
applies a predefined combination of display settings.
It has the same effect as choosing the corresponding entry from the
Currently presets cannot be user-defined, but
Chimera includes several presets grouped by type:
The type can be truncated to a unique string.
The number is the ID number of the specific preset to be applied.
- for interactive manipulation and analysis;
may change what items (atoms, ribbons, surfaces) are displayed
and how they are colored.
background color is set to black
path method to B-spline.
- 1 (ribbons)
- 2 (all atoms)
- 3 (hydrophobicity surface)
- for generating presentation and publication images;
do not change what items are displayed or their colors,
but may change their styles and make the background white:
Publication presets may decrease interactive performance
because finer divisions are used to depict curved objects
Individual display parameters are discussed in more detail in the
tips on preparing images.
- 1 (sihouette, rounded ribbon, sticks)
- 2 (sihouette, licorice, sticks)
- 3 (depth-cued, rounded ribbon, sticks)
- 4 (depth-cued, licorice, sticks)
Preset with the keyword list
sends a list of presets of the specified type
(all types, if not specified) to the
preset apply int 1
- apply the ribbons interactive preset
preset list pub
- list all publication presets in the
tips on preparing images