Chimera Commands Index
Chimera Command Usage Conventions
Certain conventions are used to show
Chimera command usage:
All commands can be truncated to unique strings. Keyword truncation is not
allowed unless a command's manual page states otherwise.
- parameters that should be replaced with
an appropriate value (such as a number or word) are italicized
- keywords to be taken literally are not italicized
- optional parameters and keywords are referred to as
options or are enclosed in square brackets: [ ]
- mutually exclusive choices are separated by a vertical bar: |
- mutually exclusive choices of a required item are grouped with
parentheses: ( )
- atom-spec refers to an
atom specification string,
which generally specifies "all" when left blank
Multiple commands can be combined on a single line, separated by semicolons.
This may be useful because the display
is not redrawn until the last command in a semicolon-separated series
has been executed; that is, multiple graphical changes such as changes in
representation, color, and display state can be made to appear
simultaneously instead of one by one.